On Symbology> Categorized, mode not showing

Home / Forums / QGIS for Beginners / On Symbology> Categorized, mode not showing

• Author

Hello, On Symbology, Categorized, I see the color ramp selection, but not the “mode” option (to select the number of categories.” On the US population data for 2011, it seems to have selected 50 different shades of blue to display the different population levels of the states.

Would be better to choose 5 or 7 categories, as per the tutorial.

April 7, 2021 at 8:07 am #8040

Could you show me a screenshot of the full symbology window? If I can see what it looks like I might be able to walk you through it.

April 7, 2021 at 1:04 pm #8041

Hello Konrad, Thanks for your reply. I am really enjoying your course!!

I am not able to “drop” the screenshot into this space. As you can see, when I try to do so, I just see the file path. I guess this is yet one additional problem/ blockage of trying to do this on a Mac. I guess I should be doing a course that is QGIS for the Mac?

/Users/boonec/Desktop/Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 21.01.10.png

Sorry for the trouble.

April 8, 2021 at 8:48 am #8047

Sorry I think I need to select “graduated” rather than “cateogorized” to see the mode option.

I have solved this myself.

Thanks again for the course.

April 9, 2021 at 7:52 am #8049

Glad you were able to figure this out and are enjoying the course. In the future feel free to use contact@opensourceoptions.com if you can’t upload something to this forum.

• The forum ‘QGIS for Beginners’ is closed to new topics and replies.