create layer on a Mac

Home / Forums / QGIS for Beginners / create layer on a Mac

• Author

When I type in the new layer name and select the folder to store it in, the dialogue box in QGiS does not display the full file pathway to the folder. This seems to mess up the process of creating a new layer. My entire computer jams up. Any suggestions? I am having LOTS of problems doing this QGIS for Beginners course on a Mac.

April 7, 2021 at 8:05 am #8039

I’m sorry you’re having troubles. Which QGIS version are you using? Is it the most recent one? My first suggestion would be uninstall QGIS then reinstall. I can search around to see if I find others with the same problem that found solutions.

April 7, 2021 at 1:09 pm #8042

Thank you for this. It is QGIS 3.16.5-Hannover.

My Mac version is OS 10.15.7 (Catalina). It is a brand new computer. Processor 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7. Memory 16 GB. I purchased it just so that I could run this (and Stata).

April 9, 2021 at 7:50 am #8048

I’m pretty sure it’s not a problem with your computer. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall QGIS? If so and you’re having the same problems would you be able to send a video or screenshots that show what’s happening? If you’re not able to upload to this forum email to contact@opensourceoptions.com

June 19, 2021 at 10:22 am #8132

Dear Konrad,

Thank you very much for the reply above, and for making all the videos accessible after the end/ completion of the course. I have returned to these many times, and really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Catherine

June 23, 2021 at 4:08 pm #8137

Is there any way you can record a screen video or share some screenshots of what is happening? It sounds like it is a problem with QGIS but it would be helpful if I can see what is happening to be sure. The procedures for doing the operations are the same for windows as for mac, so your operating system shouldn’t be the problem.

June 23, 2021 at 4:09 pm #8138

Catherine,
    You are welcome. I’m glad the course has been helpful to you! You can disregard my last post. I got a little mixed up with the dates and responded to the wrong post in the thread.

• The forum ‘QGIS for Beginners’ is closed to new topics and replies.